- January 19, 2021 - February 16, 2021
9:00 am - 11:30 am
Through the Quick Start Program you will apply a reliable, repeatable innovation system to address the challenges of the day.
Our world is changing rapidly, and we need the skills to create innovative solutions to unique problems now! Through the Quick Start Program, you will learn how to make change happen regardless of your position in the company, prior experience or current familiarity with innovation systems. Through our blended approach to virtual delivery, we will coach you through the process of transformation for today.
Why Learn to Innovate?
- We have all experienced disruption to our work
- We need new solutions to new problems
- We need to learn the skills to keep up to and lead change
- We need to invigorate a new economy with meaningful innovations
Everyone talks about innovation as the key to company (and career) success in this rapidly changing world. Few have had an opportunity to learn a front-to-back system to innovate – until now.
You will learn:
At the Innovation Engineering Quick Start, you will learn the skills, tools, and systems of innovation, including:
- How to create ideas and problem solve (with methods 8x more effective than brainstorming)
- How to use proven tools and techniques to grow your innovation skill set
- How to develop, communicate, test and validate ideas to show return on investment
- How to take an idea from inspiration to launch – FAST
What makes it different?
- Convenient online digital classes: Before attending each module, you will watch a few training videos to give you a foundation of knowledge prior to attending the live class. There will be a total of 4-hours of videos for this course.
- Practical hands-on modules: Since you will watch your training videos prior to each module, we will spend our live class together on practical hands on activities.
- Post-training application and coaching support: With the help of your innovation coach, you’ll complete your coursework by applying your new innovation skills and tools in the real world.
This program is taught with a unique blended learning approach:
Weekly Skills Agenda:
- Systems Overview
- Meaningful Uniqueness
- Strategy Activation
- Writing a Blue Card
- Stimulus Mining
- Stimulus + Diversity
- Creating Ideas
- Clarifying Your Idea
- Writing a Yellow Card
- Fermi Estimation
- Reducing Risk
- PDSA Cycles
- Prototyping (Concept and Functional)
Achieve your internationally-recognized Innovation Engineering Blue Belt certification by successfully completing your assignments within sixty days following training.
Ryan is a highly motivated, results-oriented people developer who engages teams and individuals with enthusiasm. With a talent for gathering teams around a vision, he is passionate about the facilitation of group discussions that include innovation, the improvement of systems, gains in efficiency and increased employee engagement.
With 10 years in Operational Leadership in Telecommunications, Ryan has led multiple initiatives maintaining high employee engagement, resulting in consistent increases in productivity contributing to multi-million-dollar revenue growth. As a trainer, Ryan is talented at providing clear expectations for learners to follow. He blends humour with a clear focus on classroom time to maximize learning outcomes.
David is passionate about helping others keep up and lead in the rapidly changing business world. As a certified Innovation Engineering Black Belt, David works with teams from a variety of industries to help them solve problems with meaningfully unique solutions. Unsatisfied with the status quo, David helps companies innovate internal and external products, services, and systems, facilitating training and projects to help them gain a competitive advantage.
Innovation transforms companies, and their employees, which is what David enjoys the most about his work with clients. As a University of Manitoba Asper School of Business graduate, he combines his education with a practical approach to innovation to help clients succeed and grow.